Completing projects or project orders
- Projects ➔ Projects ➔ Maintain projects
- Projects ➔ Entries ➔ Project orders
In this screen, you can complete a project or project order or simultaneously complete a few projects or project orders.
Every project has an end date whereby a project is ready to be completed. A project is ready to be completed when the budget (planning) costs are equal to the actual revenue (realizations). This means that:
- all its child projects are completed,
- all the linked sales orders and purchase orders are completed,
- all the linked internal use requests are completed or rejected, and
- all linked invoices are printed.
Once completed, it is not possible to link any activity, or enter any realizations or financial transactions to the project. However, if you have additional transactions after a project is completed, you need to change the status. For example, when a customer requests for new items to be added to a sales order, the items need to be realized in the project. Exact Globe Next allows you to change the status of a completed project by selecting a different status at Status in the MRP section under the Basics tab of the corresponding project card.
What version are you using?
The information in this document is applicable to product update 409 and higher. If you have versions lower than this, certain features explained here will not be applicable.
How do I set projects or project orders to Completed status?
- In the Projects ➔ Projects ➔ Maintain projects or Projects ➔ Entries ➔ Project orders screen, define the search criteria, and then click Search.
- Click a line to select one project or more, and then click Complete. The Complete screen will be displayed.
- At Date, type or select the date to complete the projects or project orders on this date.
- Click OK.
Keep in mind: Alternatively, you can change the status of a project via the corresponding project card at Status in the MRP section under the Basics tab.
Type or select a date to complete the project(s) or project order(s) on this date.
Click this to confirm completing the selected project(s) or project order on the selected date. A progress window will display the progress of the completion process. Once completed, you will see the message “Project: Complete” displayed. Click OK again to exit.
Click this to cancel the completion process and exit.
| Main Category:
||Attachments & notes
|| Document Type:
||Support - On-line help
|| Security level:
||All - 0
| Sub category:
|| Document ID: