Exact Globe Next Configurator
The configuration manager can be started by enabling the option 'start configuration manager' in the last screen of the installation wizard. You can also start the configuration manager via the shortcut 'Exact Globe Next configuration manager' on the desktop and via the option [All programs, Exact Software, Exact Globe Next Setup, configuration manager] in the startmenu of Windows. The shortcut is only available on the server(s) where you have installled Exact Globe Next. In case of a standalone installation you will also have this shortcut.
Using the configurator the system administrator can manage the settings of the various Exact Globe Next components.
Depending on the components of Exact Globe Next you have installed the following tabs are available:
- Globe Next
- Event Manager
- Exact Integrator
On the bottom of these tabs is the section 'You are editing'. Here you will see in which file the settings maintained in the tab are stored.
Globe Next tab
On this tab you can manage the settings of Exact Globe Next.
Select the components you want to use;
- Synergy Enterprise
- Event Manager
You can find more information about the various components in this document.
In this section the locations of your Exact Synergy Enterprise and Exact Event Manager environmnent are shown. When you have an existing Exact Synergy Enterprise or Exact Event Manager environment you need to take the following points into account.
In this section you can remove companies. Deleting a company can not be undone. To delete a company you click on the button 'Delete company'. A new screen will be opened where the SQL server can be selected where the company is located. By selecting the company and pressing 'Delete' you delete this company.
In this section you can assign colors to the various Exact Globe Next companies. By assigning colors you can easily recognize different companies.
In the field 'Server' you enter the SQL Server where the company is located. Next you select at 'Company' the company that you want to assign a customized color to. The color can be selected by clicking the color fields. By clicking the button 'Add' you add a new customized color for a company. A new color field will be shown and you can select another company and color. In this way you can customize the colors for multiple companies. To confirm changes press 'Apply' and 'OK' to close the screen.
When you want to delete a customized color adn company combination you can select the line with this combination in the company colors section and click on 'Remove'. You will remove the customized color for this company but the company itself will still be available and can be opened by users in a default color.
On this tab you can configure the settings of Exact Synergy Enterprise.
You already have an Exact Synergy Enterprise database
When you already have an Exact Synergy Enterprise database you can select this database by selecting the SQL server and database under the Exact Synergy Enterprise database header. Please read this document.
You do not have an Exact Synergy Enterprise database yet
When you do not have an Exact Synergy Enterprise database yet you can create this database here. In case you have purchased an extra license for Exact Synergy Enterprise you need to disable the option 'Use default Exact Globe license'. In the field that appears you can enter or search and select the extended Exact Synergy Enterprise license you have received. When you do not have a seperate Exact Synergy Enterprise license you enable the option 'Use default Exact Globe license' in this case the Exact Synergy Enterprise database will be created based on the Exact Globe Next licentie and you will have access to the basic features.
By pressing the button 'Create' the you can create a database in Exact Synergy Enterprise. The details of the locations of the created database can be seen in the fields 'SQL Server' and Database'.
On this tab you can maintain the settings for the dashboards.
In the section 'Status' the status of the required components is shown. In order for the dashboards to work it is necessary that Exact Synergy Enterprise is working correctly. If this is not the case you will see a red cross at the Synergy status and you will need to ensure this Exact Synergy Enterprise is correctly installed. By using the button 'Re-run' you can perform the test again. When the test is successfully executed you will see a green checkmark and the text 'OK'.
In the section 'Actions' you can maintain the various settings. The button 'SSRS Settings' opens the 'Reporting Services Integration Settings' in your webbrowser where you need to configure the connection with your SQL Reporting Server environment.
The button 'Republish Reports' opens the webbrowser where the reports are redeployed.
The button 'Management' opens the maintenance screen for the Reporting Service Integration in your webbrowser. From this screen you can maintain the reports available via Reporting Service Integration. You can also maintain the report groups and data sources and define which user can see which dashboard. You can do this by clicking in the maintenance screen for the Reporting Service Integration on the dashboard and link the people via the tab 'People' .
Event Manager tab
On this tab you need to define the connection settings for the Exact Event Manager component of Exact Globe Next. Based on these settings Exact Globe Next can trigger events in the correct databases.
This is the Exact Globe connection. Enter the following settings:
- SQL Server: The SQL server where the Exact Globe database is located
- Database: The number of the Exact Globe database
This is the Exact Synergy Enterprise connection. Enter the following settings:
- SQL Server: The SQL server where the Exact Synergy Enterprise database is located
- Database: The name of the Exact Synergy Enterprise database
- URL: The URL of your Exact Synergy environment. You can find this on the tab 'Synergy'
Exact Integration tab
On this tab you can maintain the settings for the Exact Integrator.
In this section you enter the information needed for the synchronization of data.
- Server: The name of the server where the Exact Integration component of Exact Globe Next is installed.
- SQL server: The name of the SQL server where the ESF database will be created.
- Database: A separate database named ESF (Exact Synchronization Framework) will be created to ensure correct synchronization of data.
- ESF instalation folder: The installation directory of Exact Globe Next. Default this is "C:\Program Files\Exact Software\".
- Synergy installation folder: The installation directory of the Exact Synergy Enterprise component of Exact Globe Next. Default thios is "C:\Program Files\Exacrt Software\Synergy Enterprise".
- Check restored DB freq.(min): Number of minutes after which the system checks if a database has been restored.
User Credentials to access Exact Globe and Exact Synergy Enterprise
Vul bij het veld 'User ID' de domeinnaam en de gebruikersnaam in. Deze gebruiker zal worden gebruikt voor het synchroniseren van de data. In Exact Globe en Exact Synergy Enterprise zal de gebruiker worden aangemerkt als de 'wijziger' nadat de data is gesynchroniseerd. Daarom dient deze gebruiker rechten te hebben om de data te synchroniseren. bij 'Password' voert u het wachtwoord van deze gebruiker in.
Exact Synergy Enterprise connection
When you already have an existing Exact Synergy Enterprise environment you need to take these points into account.
- SQL Server: Enter the name of the SQL Server where the Exact Synergy Enterprise database is located.
- Database: Select the actual name of the Exact Synergy Enterprise database. This is mandatory.
- Web Address: Enter the Exact Synergy Webadress. You can find this adress under the tab 'Globe Next' at the field 'Synergy location'.
- Test: Use this button to test the connection. The result will be shown after the button.
- Status: After you have tested the connection this field will indicate whether the connection has been established or if it has failed to connect.
Exact Globe connection
- SQL Server: Enter the name of the SQL Server where the Exact Globe database is located.
- Database: Select the actual name of the Exact Globe database. This is mandatory.
- Division: Enter the company code of the specific division. The division numbers need to be unique over all Exact Globe companies.
- Web Address: This is the web adres of the entity services that are used by the connectivity layer in Exact Globe. The entries need to be valid. To identify the correct web adress you can perform the following steps on the Exact Globe server:
- Open computer management in Windows [Start, Administrative tools, Computer Management].
- Expand the tree structure and go to [Computer Management (Local), System Tools, Event Viewer, Windows Logs, Application]
- Search for 'Exact Entity Service' in the event panel and select it.
- In the event log panel you can search for the web adress with port 8010. Copy this adress from the start untill the port value. In this example: http://server03.exactsoftware.com:8010
- Test: Click this button to test the connection. The result will then be displayed.
- Status: After you have tested the connection, this field will indicate whether the connection has been established or if it has failed to connect.
| Main Category:
||Attachments & notes
|| Document Type:
||Support - On-line help
|| Security level:
||All - 0
| Sub category:
|| Document ID: