How to install Exact Globe in a Windows Terminal Services or Citrix environment
How can I install Exact Globe in a Windows Terminal Services or Citrix environment?
The following steps will guide you through the installation process of installing Exact Globe on a Windows Terminal Services or Citrix environment
Step One (Install Exact Globe)
- Place the cd-rom of Exact Globe in the cd-rom drive of the server
- Click on Windows menu Start, Run and enter CMD.EXE
- In the Command Prompt change to the drive letter of the cd-rom drive
- Enter the command: Change user /Install
- Start on the cd-rom of Exact Globe the SETUP_AE.EXE (or SETUP_NL.EXE for the Dutch language) and complete the installation
Note - Use the WSETUP.EXE if you installed a Network installation of Globe.
- Start Exact Globe and open an administration.
- Close Exact Globe and enter in the Command Prompt the command: Change User /Execute
- Close the Command Prompt by entering the command: Exit
Step Two (Only needed on Windows 2000 Servers for Microsoft Excel)
- Save the attachment of this document to the root (C:\) of the server
- Click Start, point to Settings, and click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon. Click Install, and then click Next.
- Click Browse.
- In the root folder of Office Disc 1, click to select Setup.exe and click OK.
Setup.exe is added to the Command line for installation program box.
- In the Command line for installation program box, append the following parameter after Setup.exe, separated by a space: TRANSFORMS="C:\TermSrvr.mst". Click Next.
- In the Change User Options dialog box, select All users begin with common application settings, and then click Next.
- Type your customer information, and the click Next.
- Accept the End User License Agreement, and then click Next.
- Click Install Now.
- When prompted, restart the computer and log back on to Windows as the same user to allow Office 2000/XP Setup to complete successfully.
More information in Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q217640
Step Three (Crystal Reports not needed for Exact Globe release 395 or greater)
- Copy the files from the WINDOWS\CRYSTAL (or Winnt\Crystal) folder to the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 (or WinNT\System32) folder. After copying the files the Crystal Reports overviews can be started without a message.
- The following files need to be copied:
- Copy the file U2LE4SYS.DLL also to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.5\BIN or when this directory does not exist to C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\3.5\BIN depending on your Windows version
Now the installation is complete and you can use Exact Globe.
In some situations it may be neccesary to change the DEP settings.
Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature included in modern operating systems. And is intended to prevent an application or service from executing code from a non-executable memory region. This helps prevent certain exploits that store code via a buffer overflow. DEP runs in two modes: hardware-enforced DEP for CPUs that can mark memory pages as nonexecutable, and software-enforced DEP with a limited prevention for CPUs that do not have hardware support. Software-enforced DEP does not protect from execution of code in data pages, but instead from another type of attack (SEH overwrite).
Check the Help function of operating system for information about how to change the DEP settings.
| Main Category:
||Support Product Know How
|| Document Type:
||Online help main
||On-line help files
|| Security level:
||All - 0
| Sub category:
|| Document ID: