Defining Reporting services integration settings
Modules ? System ? Setup ? Reporting services integration ? Settings
On this page, you can set up the connection with a Reporting Server environment. With an established connection to the Report Server, it is possible to maintain report groups, reports, shared data sources, shared schedules and subscriptions on this Report Server via Exact Synergy Enterprise.
In order to make use of the Reporting services integration, a user should be created or configured on the Report Server with the permission to maintain the items and operations. For more information, see Managing permissions and security for Reporting Services.
This user should have at least the standard role Content Manager on the Report Server. For more information, see Content Manager role. This can be configured via the Report Manager. For more information, see Report Manager.
To be able to read the data from the local data source, this same user should have at least the standard role db_datareader on the SQL Server for the Exact Synergy Enterprise database. This can be configured via the SQL Server Management Studio. For more information, see db_datareader and Introducing SQL Server Management Studio.
The connection can only be established if the following requirements are met:
- Reporting Services has been installed and configured. For more information, see Adding Reporting Services to Existing SQL Server Installation.
- The configured user has the role Content Manager on the Report Server.
- The configured user has the role db_datareader on the local data source (Exact Synergy Enterprise database).
Roles and rights
By default, only users with the Administrator role can define the settings for the Report Server.
- For more details on function rights, go to Modules ? System ? Setup ?
Security ? Function rights.
- For more details on roles, go to Modules ? System ? Setup ? Security ? Roles.
What version are you using?
The information in this document is applicable to product update 263 and higher. If you have versions lower than this, certain features explained here will not be applicable.
How do I configure the settings for Reporting services integration?
- On the Reporting services integration: Settings page, define the fields.
- Click Save, and then Close to exit.
in mind: The Create, Retrieve, Update, and Delete (CRUD)
actions are available via the SSRSConfiguration
and SSRSDataSource web services. The
SSRS settings can be defined via the web services and will be deployed from
Exact Synergy Enterprise to SQL Reporting services.
| Main Category:
|Support Product Know How
| Document Type:
|Online help main
|On-line help files
| Security level:
|All - 0
| Sub category:
| Document ID:
|Exact Synergy Enterprise