Product Update 264: Improvements to Auto Timestamp
The auto timestamp feature has been improved. The following are the improvements made:
- The timestamp field on the Workflow module settings page has been renamed.
- The [AUTOTIMESTAMP] placeholder has been removed.
- The Timestamp button is still available even though the Auto Timestamp feature is enabled.
- The timestamp is added automatically when typing begins.
- Depending on the workflow stage, the corresponding action (Approved, Realised, Processed, Rejected) together with the timestamp is automatically inserted.
- The auto timestamp feature has been extended to bulk actions.
Updates to the auto timestamp feature
The auto timestamp feature is enabled by default. This applies to the Remarks: Request and Remarks: Workflow fields regardless they are visible and/or can be edited and whether the textbox is in the Full screen mode or not.
On the Workflow module settings page, the Use timestamp field is renamed Use timestamp in Mobile apps.
At the Remarks field, the [AUTOTIMESTAMP] placeholder has been removed.
The Timestamp button is available regardless whether the auto timestamp feature is enabled or disabled.
When the Auto Timestamp setting is enabled, the timestamp is automatically inserted when typing begins at the Remarks field. No timestamp is inserted when the ENTER key is subsequently pressed. The page needs to be refreshed in order to automatically insert a timestamp again when the ENTER key is pressed.
During a workflow, when the action button is pressed, the Remarks: Workflow text box will be filled with a timestamp and the corresponding action (Approved, Realised, Processed, Rejected). This reflects the timestamp when the action was carried out. This happens even if the text box cannot be edited.
The Auto Timestamp feature is also extended to the Remarks: Request and Remarks: Workflow fields of the multiple requests creation page. As per the auto timestamp behaviour, the timestamp is added in automatically when typing begins. In relation to this, the width of the textboxes has been increased.
The Auto Timestamp check box on the user preferences page (accessed via Preferences, the Workflow tab, and under the Workflow: Settings section) has a new information text explaining the behaviour of auto timestamp.
| Main Category:
||Attachments & notes
|| Document Type:
||Release notes detail
|| Security level:
||All - 0
| Sub category:
|| Document ID:
||Exact Synergy Enterprise