Defining back office connection settings
Modules ? System ? Setup ? Back office ? Back office connection
Note: The Federated Identity feature is only available for the controlled release participants.
On this page, you can set up the connection settings with Exact Globe Next back office databases. With an established connection to the back office application, it is possible to retrieve certain reports from Exact Globe Next to be viewed via Exact Synergy Enterprise. In addition, you can also view or fill in labor hour information, with the information then stored in the designated Exact Globe Next database.
The connection can only be established if all the following is met:
- You have an account in both Exact Synergy Enterprise and Exact Globe Next.
- The entity windows service has been installed and configured. For more information, see How-to: Installing and configuring entity Windows service.
- You are connecting to the division that you belong to.
- You are given the access right to the ".NET temporary folder" (the default location is at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files). Whenever the IIS is reset or web server is restarted, the .NET Just-In-Time compiler will compile the assemblies when a user accesses the Exact Synergy Enterprise portal. At this moment, the credential of the user who is accessing the back office connection features will be used to run the compilation of assemblies. In normal web pages, the credential is defined in Application Pools (which runs the Web Application as defined in IIS). Thus, the access right is required to ensure that the back office connection can be restored once the IIS is reset or web server is restarted.
Roles and rights
Users with the Administrator role can define the back office connection settings.
- For more details on function rights, go to Modules ? System ? Setup ? Security ? Function rights.
- For more details on roles, go to Modules ? System ? Setup ? Security ? Roles.
What version are you using?
The information in this document is applicable to product update 263 and higher. If you have versions lower than this, certain features explained here will not be applicable.
How do I define back office settings?
- On the System: Back office connection page, define the fields for the divisions that you want to be connected with the Exact Globe Next back office database.
- Click Save.
Keep in mind:
- All fields with the “!” icon are mandatory.
- The Create, Retrieve, Update, and Delete (CRUD)
actions are available via the GetMacAddress
and UpdateMacAddress web services.
However, the back office settings will be saved only if the connection to Exact
Globe Next is working. The web services can be used only if the Exact Synergy
Enterprise license contains the 998
Tips & tricks
- If the back office connection is unsuccessful, check the table "BACOACCESSSERVERS" in Exact Globe Next. There might be a line in this table that refers to an old SQL server. Update it to the correct SQL server.
- It is mandatory to have the BACO user on the SQL server where the Exact Globe Next databases are hosted. The password for the Baco user can be retrieved by your system administrator or the Exact Support Desk.
- The back office connection in Exact Synergy Enterprise
will automatically refresh the access token when it is expired. This
functionality will be applicable if Exact Synergy Enterprise has been
configured with the federated identity, and the fixed user’s credentials for
the back office connection.
Click this to save the settings.
Click this to exit.
This displays the available MAC addresses of the application server. Select the relevant MAC address to be used in the back office connection. This is mandatory. For more information, see Supported setup types for back office connection.
The back office connection settings page also consists of the following columns:
This column displays the code of the division in Exact Synergy Enterprise. By default, all the related divisions in Exact Synergy Enterprise are displayed. You can view the details of a division by clicking the hyperlink. For more information, see Viewing division cards.
This column displays the descriptions of the divisions. By default, all the related divisions in Exact Synergy Enterprise are displayed. You can view the details of a division by clicking the hyperlink. For more information, see Viewing division cards.
Application server (Exact Globe Next)
Type <Application server name>:<Network port> to specify the web server of the related Exact Globe Next application. For example: ngkh38324-vist1:8000.
Database path (Exact Globe Next)
Type <SQL server name>\<database instance>\<database name> to specify the database path of the related Exact Globe Next application. For example ngkh38324-vist1\SQL2005\001.
Fixed backoffice credentials
Select this check box if you want the back office connection to use the information defined at the Back office (User name) and Back office (Password) fields as credentials to connect to Exact Globe Next. Only a license is required for Exact Globe Next for all the Exact Synergy Enterprise users. However, the name of the selected user will be used for the processes and actions performed in Exact Globe Next.
Back office (User name)
Type a user name for the back office setting. This field is only applicable for Service management to connect to Exact Globe Next.
Back office (Password)
Type a password for the back office setting. This field is only applicable for Service management to connect to Exact Globe Next.
SQL server (User name)
Type a user name for the SQL server. This field is applicable
only for Federated Identity (FID).
Note: This field
is displayed only if Exact Synergy Enterprise is configured with FID.
SQL server (Password)
Type a password for the SQL server. This field is applicable
only for Federated Identity (FID).
This field is displayed only if Exact Synergy Enterprise is configured with
Click Connect to establish the connection.
This column displays the status of the connection. When a connection has been established, “” will be displayed. Otherwise, “” and the error message will be displayed.
You can select or clear the check box(es) to enable or disable connections that have been made respectively.
| Main Category:
||Support Product Know How
|| Document Type:
||Online help main
||On-line help files
|| Security level:
||All - 0
| Sub category:
|| Document ID:
||Exact Synergy Enterprise