FAQ Lucanet Log4j vulnerability
Which components of Lucanet are affected by the Log4j vulnerability?
The following components should be checked:
• The Lucanet OLAP server.
• The Lucanet Software Manager.
How can I ensure that my LucaNet Software manager is running at the correct version?
1. Start the Lucanet Software Manager.
2. Click on the gear icon at the top right corner.
3. Choose “about Lucanet”.
4. Ensure that you are on the Version of the Lucanet Software Manager: 2107+22 or higher.
How do I get the latest LucaNet Software manager?
If your version is lower then 2107+22, download the new software manager from https://customer.lucanet.com/en/lucanet-22-lts/downloads and install this in the same folder as the current Software Manager.
It is not needed to de-install the old version first. By installing the new version of the software manager in the same folder, all applications previously installed will be available in the new Software Manager.
How can I ensure that my LucaNet software is running at the correct patch level?
1. Start LucaNet.Financial Client.
2. In the menu bar, navigate to the “?” next to “Extras”.
3. Click “About LucaNet”.
4. The information below the serial number should now look as follows, depending on the LucaNet version:
• LucaNet 12 LTS - 1911.0.191+3 - GA - 2021-12-13
• LucaNet 13 LTS - 2011.0.110+6 - GA - 2021-12-10
• LucaNet 22 LTS - 2111.0.9+17 - GA - 2021-12-10
5. Important: The build date should be the same as your LucaNet software build date.
How do I get the latest LucaNet software service pack if my build version is older than 2021-12-10 (for LucaNet 13 LTS and LucaNet 22 LTS) or 2021-12-13 (for LucaNet 12 LTS)?
1. Make sure that you are using a LucaNet version for which service packs are still available (LucaNet 12 LTS, LucaNet 13 LTS, LucaNet 22 LTS).In case Lucanet 11LTS or lower is still used, a major update is needed. Please contact the support department in that case.
2. Start LucaNet.Server Administrator from LucaNet.Software Manager or from LucaNet.Financial OLAP Server.
3. We advise to first create a back up of the Lucanet database before starting the update.
4. In the Administration menu, choose the Software update menu command and then Update LucaNet.Financial OLAP Server directly.
5. The Software Update dialog is displayed.
6. If necessary, modify the Update server. The default server for updates is https://youniverse.lucanet.com.
7. The Select update version dialog is displayed.
8. Note: It is possible to use another LucaNet.Financial OLAP Server as an update server (see Update server configuration).
9. Choose the version that you wish to update to. We advise to stay in your current LTS version. Only do a major update to a new LTS version after careful consideration.
10. Click OK or press Enter to start the software update.
11. LucaNet.Financial OLAP Server is updated.
12. After the update of the OLAP server AND the Lucanet Software Manager go to “C:\ProgramData\LucaNet\Youniverse\.resource” and delete the files “log4j-api-2.11.1.jar” and
“log4j-core-2.11.1.jar”. Please note that the files “log4j-api-2.16.0.jar” and “log4j-core-2.16.0.jar” are the new version and must be kept!
13. Delete the same files in the .resource folder of the Lucanet Server installation. (default location: “C:\Program Files\LucaNet\Youniverse\.resource”).
Note1: The location of the \LucaNet\Youniverse\.resource\ folders can differ based on your installation and/or used redirects for Citrix/RDP environments.
Note 2: Do NOT delete the old Log4J files in step 12 and 13 before both Lucanet OLAP server and the Software manager are updated! If this is done prior to the update, Lucanet will no longer be able to start.
| Main Category:
||Attachments & notes
|| Document Type:
||Support - On-line help
|| Security level:
||All - 0
| Sub category:
|| Document ID: