Revision Date: 03/10/2014
Module: SSRS reporting
Version: Macola ES 9.5.600 and higher
Description: If you receive the following error trying to access a deployed SQL Services Reporting Services (SSRS) report on your localhost:
1. You will need access to the URL http://localhost/reports using the Reporting Services Configuration:
From Start, Programs, Microsoft SQL server 2008r2, Configuration Tool, Reporting Services Configuration Manager, login when prompted then select connect
Select Report Manager URL, select the Advance Button. Then in the Multiple Identities for Report Manager window select Add
In the Add a Report Manager HTTP URL window select Host Header and enter localhost, select OK
2. Open Internet Explorer as the administrator (Right-click the program icon or shortcut, and then click Run as administrator)
Enter the URL http://localhost/Reports, you should see a page shown below
3. You are now at the Home page, select Folder Settings, then select New Role Assignment.
4. In the Group or users name: box, add the domain\username which was in the error message. (In our example above it was exact-software\bake10961)
5. Check all of the check boxes; Browser, Content Manager, My Reports, Publisher, Report Builder, then select OK.
6. The domain\username is now assigned to the Roles that will give access to deploy reports to the Report Server.
7. Now deploy the SSRS reports.
Key Words: SSRS reports, deploy reports, rsAccessDenied, permissions granted to user are insufficient for performing this operation
Additional knowledgebase documentation - Knowledgebase
FREE on-demand training - Americas Training Start Page