Product Updates 421, 420, and 419: Support for Intrastat type Transaction A2 (Dutch legislation)
In line with the Dutch legislations, Exact Globe Next (EGN) now supports the following for transactions made from January 1,2021 onwards:
- Transaction A2 type - This allows the recording of cross border transactions on a monthly basis. This is applicable to transactions made in the Netherlands only.
- Corresponding update to the Intrastat XML file including specifying of counterpart's VAT number and country of origin.
New fields to record Transaction A2 type
The following menu paths have been updated to support these changes:
- INTRASTAT settings screen (System ➔ General ➔ Settings ➔ INTRASTAT setting) - New Transaction A2 field under the Defaults section.
- Accounts receivable and payable maintenance screens (Finance ➔ Account Receivable ➔ Maintain - Intrastat button and Finance ➔ Account Payable ➔ Maintain - Intrastat button) - New Transaction A2 field.
- A new INTRASTAT transactions A2 field is available in the pop up when tabbing through the Country column for import and export transaction entry screens including:
- Purchase ➔ Entries ➔ Purchase orders
- Purchase ➔ Entries ➔ RTV orders
- Purchase ➔ Entries ➔ Blanket purchase orders ➔ Enter
- Order ➔ Entries ➔ Sales orders
- Order ➔ Entries ➔ Recurring Sales Orders ➔ Enter
- Order ➔ Entries ➔ RMA orders
- Invoice ➔ Entry ➔ Direct invoices
- CRM ➔ Entries ➔ Quotations
The entry screens will indicate whether a transaction is an export or import transaction. The following are points to take note of:
- Destination country needs to be country of origin.
- By default, the country of origin is taken from the item supplier data of the main supplier of the item. When the country of origin is unavailable, the system will fall back on NL as the country of origin.
Updates to Intrastat return screen
The following are updates to the Intrastat screen at Invoice ➔ Statistics ➔ Intrastat:
- New Frequency option - This allows Transaction A2 to be recorded on a monthly basis.
- When a transaction is selected and the Edit button is clicked, a new Transaction A2 field is available under the INTRASTAT data section.
- When a transaction is selected and Update button is clicked, a new Transaction A2 option is available.
- When the Export button is clicked, two additional columns related to Transaction A2 (indicating the code and description) are added in the exported Microsoft Excel report.
Since Transaction A2 is not mandatory, EGN allows existing transactions to be updated, if required. To enable this, the Transaction A2 field and option is made available when editing and updating a transaction respectively (as described above).
Updates to Intrastat return XML file (effective for transactions made from 2021 onwards)
The Intrastat return XML file is now updated with the following:
- Added location in file to record Transaction A2 data. To cater to Transaction A2 requirements, monthly frequency and export transactions will result in this location in the file being filled up.
- Added location in file to record country of origin. To cater to Transaction A2 requirements, monthly frequency and export transactions will result in this location in the file being filled up according to the supplier's country of origin. If this is not available, it will be filled with "NL".
- Location in file that was previously reserved to record the System field's value in the INTRASTAT settings screen (System ➔ General ➔ Settings ➔ INTRASTAT setting) will now be ignored and set to "00" instead for transactions made in 2021 and forward.
- Added location in file to record customer's VAT number. To cater to the Transaction A2 requirements, monthly frequency and export transactions will result in this location in the file being filled up with the customer's VAT number. If unavailable, it will be filled with "QV999999999999999".
- Added location in file reserved for empty spaces.
| Main Category:
||Attachments & notes
|| Document Type:
||Release notes detail
|| Security level:
||All - 0
| Sub category:
|| Document ID: